Friday, August 18, 2006

Silence of the Byrne


As a public service to our nation in time of war, I pledged to monitor the Internet ravings of
Overstock.com chief executive/conspiracy theorist/journalist-taunter/short-and-analyst-suer/"miscreant"-blamer Patrick Byrne -- so you don't have to.

I thereby threw my person, so to speak, between the public and this guy's verbal blatherings. It is the least I can do.

Well, as of 9:30 a.m. Eastern Daylight Savings Time, Byrne had been absent from his own blog since Aug. 4, and he only made one brief appearance on his fave stock message board since Aug. 8!

I wonder what is going on? Could he actually be .... oh, maybe trying to find out how to make Overstock profitable?

Naah.... can't be it. Not his style.

Oh, wait a second.... I know. He's on vacation from his jihad!

I'm sure he'll be hard at work very soon, pursuing the miscreant, bimbo and lapdog situation for his attentive audience of several dozen Internet followers. Nimrods, beware! Byrne will be back.

© 2006 Gary Weiss. All rights reserved.

-----------

Wall Street Versus America was published by Penguin USA on April 6.
Click here for its Amazon.com listing and here for more information on the book, from my web site.

Labels: , ,